Opeie's just started enjoying Orgran pasta, but since its been hot this summer , i decided to make it with home made 8 veg pasta sauce so he could enjoy the pasta cold , with home made wedges .
I've written down the protein in g per weight as its a good protein dish for growing little ones.
Firstly : Precook 1/2 cup green or yellow lentils ( 8g protein )
In a heavy bottom sauce pan with boiling water add
• 2 debrained then chopped tomatoes (2.8g protein )
• 1 cubed carrot ( 1g protein )
• 1/2 cubed courgette ( 0.7g protein )
• 1/2 cup minced spinach de-stalked (1g protein)
• 1/2 red pepper cubed (0.5g protein)
• 1/2 cup butternut squash( 0.5g protein)
• 1/4 cup sliced onion ( .25g protein )
• 1 cup aubergine cubed. (1g protein )
• 2 cups broccoli florets ( 8g of protein )
In a separate pan with boiling water add 3 cups Orgran Quinoa Pasta . (27g protein ) with a table spoon of apple cider vinegar - this stops it sticking !
When the vegetables have finished add 1 cup if almond milk (1g protein ) to the blender and add everything apart from half the tomatoes and broccoli if you're able to separate them . Blitz in the blender and add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil , 1 tablespoon agave , and 1 tablespoons tomato purée , dried basil & pepper corns if your child likes them .
Depending on your child's she you'll have to blitz the pasta up too, or chop up , or if your a big kid just eat how you like !
Wedges : Opeies favourite treat !
Cut 3 organic potatoes 1/2 cm wedge shapes
In a container with a lid add 2 table spoons of liquid coconut oil & season with cracked pepper, paprika or garlic powder depending on your child's taste .( add potatoes and shake them around )
Bake on baking paper on a tray to stop them going too crispy at 190 fan assisted / 210 unfan assisted for around 25-30 mins . Checking regularly to avoid burning as little ones struggle .
* mr organic ketchup is a lovely little treat , we get it every few months , it's the best ketchup ever !